Sunday, December 2, 2012

I Love Cauliflower

I love cauliflower raw, steamed, blanched, roasted, mashed, whole, ... you get the idea. 

Last night, my friend, Elaine, gave me the following recipe. I am not ashamed to say that I licked the bowl clean.

You will need:

2 T butter
A squirt or two of grape seed (or other vegetable oil)
1 small onion
1 head of cauliflower
1 handful pine nuts
1/2 a handful currants
Salt and Pepper

Add butter and oil to a pan. Dice a small onion and saute it until it starts to caramelize. 

While the onion is cooking, cut the cauliflower into very small pieces - saving the stems for another dish (like a stir-fry or to add to mashed potatoes).

Toast a good handful of pine nuts in a pan on the stove taking care not to burn them.

Add cauliflower to the onions and cook for a couple minutes.

Add pine nuts and half a handful of currants.

Cook until the cauliflower is slightly browned and tender but not mushy.

Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment